Sunday, August 25, 2013

Flight to Tokyo booked!

After some negotiations with my wife about a week when she could take care of the kids herself, I found a week that worked. Depart around 8-9 September and home again around 14-15 September. I started searching for flights on a large Swedish site that aggregates flights from all different airlines (flygresor.se) and it turned out that many airlines flies to Tokyo. However, it was not so easy to see what day it was extra expensive to fly, so I went in to sas.se where who has a low fare calendar, which made ​​it easy to see which days that have extra pressure on travel to or from Tokyo, while on other days it is cheaper. 

 By choosing departure 9 September and go back on September 15, the ticket was about 1500 USD cheaper than if I traveled back home a day earlier.

 
With that realization, I went back to Flygresor.se and was looking for a flight that went late at night from Stockholm and had short wait beetween connecting flights (as there is no direct flight between Stockholm and Tokyo). Best time for an OK price was with Air France for about 1000 USD and then I went straight to airfrance.se and booked where it was even cheaper. We went on our honeymoon-trip with Air France so I have a special relationship to that particilar airline and look forward to flying with them again

So now I go Monday, September 9 at 19.30, arriving in Tokyo the day after 18.00. With seven hour time difference is it then 11:00 on the day in Sweden so the best is probably to start with a power nap and then to go out on the town at once!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment