Thursday, August 29, 2013

Restaurants and food in Tokyo - research

As the food geek I am, food will be a big part of the trip. Given the number of choices, it is extremely hard to prioritize. I found a really great food blog where a couple spent six months to research an 8-day gourmet trip to Tokyo. They had then planned sightseeing around the restaurants they picked out for lunch or dinner.

A good tip they have is to eat the expensive special dishes - eg Kobe Beef - for lunch (as it is often much cheaper) and eat cheaper types of dishes for dinner. They had Kobe beef at "Steakhouse Satou" and it will apparently still be really good and affordable. Hard to find Satou and apparently their web (only in Japanese) do not give much clarity. But, via TripAdvisor , I found a blogger who has been there and who enthused over the steak. Google Maps shows apparently wrong, but this description should be right: From Kichijoji station, i took the North Exit, and then crossed the street. Saw PSFA and Shiseido on my left and walked into the walkway between These shops. Walked to I saw Satou on my left.

Photo of http://paulstravelpics.blogspot.se

Next tip (that I've seen in lots of places) is Sushi Dai at Tsukiji Shij. Should be really good sushi but crazy long queue.

Sushidai, picture from TripAdvisor
 

No comments:

Post a Comment