Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Planning, planning ... links to information about sightseeing in Tokyo


I started putting out post-it-notes on the big paper map with the places I want to visit, to see if I could then make up my mind on which area on Tokyo to stay in.  But, I then did another try with Google maps instead and suddenly I understood what to do. 
It is really easy to create a custom map with Google maps where you can plot all the places you want to visit and when it's finished, just print the map or check the map with a link in your mobile.

There are lots of high scores online with things you "should" do in Tokyo and when I skimmed through them, it is clear that there are a lot of common points. Good lists are for example:
- Tripadvisor's " 3 days in Tokyo "
- Time Magazine " Top 10 for Tokyo "
- Lonely Planet " Things to do in Tokyo . "

One of the activities that tops almost every list is a visit to the Tsukiji Central Fish Market - where, if one is in place around 4:00 in the morning, you can get one of a few (60 per day) places reserved for tourists who gets tickets to enter the busy fish auction in a special section for tourists only.

Tokyo Tsukiji Fish Market

No comments:

Post a Comment