Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Hotels in Tokyo and Kyoto - booked

Tokyo really have a lot to choose from when it comes to hotels, ranging from cheap capsule hotels to super exclusive five star hotels. Also, Japan is known for its old-fashioned Ryokans that one should try to stay at at least one night.

When I land at 18.00 on 10 Sept, I will surely be tired after the long flight and it might be nice to have a hotel that is is easy to get to. However, it seems unnecessary to stay at a super expensive hotel when it's just me traveling alone. I have decided to stay in Shibuya the first two nights and have found the hotel Shibuya Excel that is located in the same building as the subway that goes all the way from the Tokyo Narita airport and is as central in Shibuya as it gets. It also have ok reviews on Tripadvisor.


Picture of the view from the Shibuya Excel (retrieved from TripAdvisor)
After two nights, I am perhaps a bit more hungry for something different and then I stay one night at Andon Ryokan, a designed, modern ryokan a bit outside the city.

Rooms at Andon Ryokan suited for me as the Solo Traveller, borrowed from http://www.andon.co.jp
Then I go to Kyoto and stay there for one night at 9 hours , in a "sleeping pod" ...
Sleeping Pod 9hours, picture from 9hours.jp
Return to Tokyo and last night where I stay at Shibya Creston Hotel . 

No comments:

Post a Comment