Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Alone in Tokyo's "coolest bar" - Roku Nana

I went to Roppongi and strolled around a bit. I became eager to find a "Roof top bar" and after quickly googling I found that there was a really cool bar Roppongi - Roku Nana. Or "the secret bar as it is known. The bar have no website or address, but after more googling, I found a blogger who had a good description - I thought. I still did not find the bar. I asked some people I met if they knew about the bar, but no. I went into a hotel and they helped to locate the bar and plot the location on a map. When I felt I was close to where it should be, I asked a doorman at a club if he know where it was and he did! He even walked with me some hundred meters and showed me the way. It was an incredibly friendly gesture and absolutely critical for me to find the club that was located in regular house, on the second floor and with a completely anonymous door. And there it was - Tokyo's' coolest bar "! But, without a single guest! (It's most often full from 22 o'clock said the waitress when I asked)

So now I'm sitting on the Roku Nana roof terrace and sipping on a Tom Collins, so pleased that I managed to find this place.

I realize that after a day with lots of people everywhere it is so nice to have a whole terrace for myself and two "private" bartenders. A bit like I would live if we had a little better economy...

Telephone with which one call to the bar to order another drink. However, their English is about as good as my Japanese so it it ends up with the bartender running up with a meny to me and taking the order at the roof

When I left, I got a "special gift" - a small box with a lot of paper-thin blank sheet in. Very unclear what to do with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment