Friday, September 13, 2013

Dinner in Kyoto at Manjiro

I quickly got used to traveling alone and that includes most of the times to eat unaccompanied. Today, maybe it went to extremes when I have an entire floor at the restaurant for myself, but it was not intentional!


Low chairs and table, my kids Filippa and Gustaf would have liked this place. However, they might protest a bit over the food:


Tofu made from eggplant, topped with onions and shrimp, served in soy sauce.


Minimum jar: tofu with wasabi
Middle: cucumber with small pieces of white fish and rum
Green bowl: some form of chicken liver pate, jelly with chicken, some kind of fish with egg yolk.


Tofu topped with mushrooms and apple peel.


Sashimi of tuna, squid and white fish,


Grilled fish with baked eggplant, roasted peppers and small potato rolls.


Fishing reel with onion and seaweed, fish pudding, green beans, a pudding of some sort and lime peel.

Tempura of green beans, corn, mushrooms, potatoes and japanese shrimp.
 

Rice in broth topped with mini shrimp. Pickles on the side.


Japanese peach, green-tea ice cream, pudding.

This was perhaps the most mysterious dinner I've ever eaten. Well-prepared, only locally produced ingredients as far as possible, beautifully laid out. But the flavors in general a little too different for me to appreciate everything that was served, to put me very diplomatically ... I think I managed to keep a straight face, however, because when I went came both the waitress and the cook with out and waved me off!



No comments:

Post a Comment