Monday, September 16, 2013

Home again! A bit jetlagged ...

Back in Stockholm! After 24 hours of traveling, it was extremely nice to come home, take a shower and change clothes. Then off to pick the kids up a little extra early from school and go home and cuddle with them. They have become a bit spoiled with me always bring small gifts to them when I come back from traveling, but I try to keep it to just small things. Now I had bought the same things for both of them so there would be no jealously. A small monchichi (Japanese monkeydoll), a small ice cream from the store that sold plastic food in Kyoto and erasers that looked like miniature packages of food. And some Japanese candy with "cool" stickers. They were happy with the gifts, especially the erasers! 


After a trip when i eat out all the time, I always long for something really simple when I come back home. So the first dish I cooked was pasta bolognese.  I actually have no direct craving for more Japanese food now, but it will surely be back!

I had decided to try to get back into the Swedish time as soon as possible and I managed to stay up to 9 pm. Then I slept until 07:00. Feels like adjusting to time zones gets easier with age. 

I've had a wonderful week in Japan and will definitely go back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment