Thursday, September 12, 2013

In the north of Tokyo at Andon Ryokan

After the morning excursion, I was honestly not so eager to travel on to another hotel. It felt most tedious and unnecessary. But, I took a deep breath and took three different subway trains to the north of Tokyo. Five minutes from the last subway was Andon Ryokan. So very nice place.

Immediately when I came in, I felt it was worth the trip there and while I filled out the mandatory form I was offered some green iced tea and sugared black beans, which tasted better than they look.



I got a small room without bathroom, in classic Ryokan style. Very private with a welcome note and small folded paper swan on the pillow.

As a traditional raykan, Andon have a bath, but in a modern version. There was a free private time slot when I arrived, so it was a perfect way to collect energy!


After the bath, I rented a bike and went down town ...


No comments:

Post a Comment