Sunday, September 15, 2013

Last night in Tokyo

I came back to Tokyo 18:44 and went directly to the hotel in Shibuya. It was actually better than expected and very nice staff. I went up to my room, worked out a bit and took a shower. Then I went to a whiskey bar I had been recommende - zoetrope. It was a bit to get there, three metro stops away, but I figured it was worth the trip. When Google Maps told me I had came to the right address, I found no bar at all. But with the advice from of a helpful bartender in a nearby bar, I eventually found the place. 



I stepped in to a regular block of flats and took the elevator up to the third floor, only to find out that this particular day  - Zoetrope was hosting a private party until 10 pm... When looking in, the bar neither look so special and worth waiting for another hour, so I went back to Shibuya...


Now when the time was past nine I started to get really hungry. I did not find any restaurants that looked nice, but after a while I just took a random place and it was great!


They had a grilled organic chicken on the menu that was their signature dish - was served with a cream on Japanese lime and pepper that was nice. It was a big, bustling, smoky place where I got a table in a corner at the entrance with a perfect view of the entire restaurant.

As a single guest (and the only non-Japanese also by about 200 guests), I notice that the staff takes care of me a little extra, as with beer coming in like this:


It was really nice nice to sit in my corner and be looked after, but I wanted more and after a bit of advice from people I met walking around, I found what they said was Tokys biggest house club - Womb. Four floors but just a big dance floor.

Japanese counterparts to Rebecca and Fiona played on one of the floors.

Good DJ, nice sound and light and very good atmosphere, but an hour was enough for me. Going to club's is more fun with friends!

So - despite last night in Tokyo, I did not go "all in". Longing for my family now and looking forward to going home tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment