Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tsukiji fish market - first attempt

I woke up at 4:00 am, jet lagged and fully awake! I tried to go back to sleep but soon realized it was no use. I realized it would be perfect to go to Tsukiji fish market where one have to be at 4:30 AM to get a seat on at one of the 60 tourist seats. The Metro had not yet begun to run so I jumped into a taxi, riding through a deserted town where only taxis and very few people are out

Just outside the market, I see a bunch of tourists walking away from the market. The taxi driver is a bit unsure of exactly where I'm going so I ask the tourists for directions. It turns out that just this day the auction is closed due to some sort of holiday. Nothing else is not open at this time, so the only thing I can do is just to take the taxi back exactly the same way we came!


Closed and deserted Tsukiji fish market
I walked around in the area around the hotel to see if I could find a nice place for breakfast, but realize that everyone out except me is on the way home from the pub and are eating noodle soup. Or sleeping ... No regular cafes are still open.


No comments:

Post a Comment