Monday, September 2, 2013

Plan for sightseeing in Kyoto

Photo: http://foodsaketokyo.wordpress.com/
I'll take a bullet train from Tokyo to Kyoto on Friday 13/9 and will arrive around 11 am.

At 14:00, I have now booked a place on the whiskey tour on Santory. I guess I'll spend 2-3 hours there including tasting, whiskey museum etc. But what should I do more in Kyoto? Is so very much to see that a week would be needed.  But with the proper planning, I am sure I will fit it all into 2 days!

The blogger Food Sake Tokyo writes about Nishiki Market , Kyoto's fresh food street market. There, one should try deep fried Tofu, a specialty of Kyoto.

Cooking class in the home of a Japanese family? Seems so fun! I thought of taking one in Tokyo but they also have courses in Kyoto. The most known is the one with  Emi Heryima that have got great reviews on Food Sake Tokyo. But when I tried to book it was already full. Plan well ahead if you would like to take this course!
Kyoto also have several excellent restaurants, many of them with 1-2 stars in guide Michellin.

And there are many temples, shrines and beautiful parks in Kyoto that I don't want to miss.  TripAdvisor has a good list of which I am most eager to visit the following places:

Fushimi Inari Shrine
Fushimi Inari Shring (picture from TripAdvisor)



















Golden Pavillion (picture from TripAdvisor)


















Eikan Do (Picture from TripAdvisor)




















Beautiful temple with a lookout platform with awesome views!

Kiyomizu Temple (image from TripAdvisor)


















Nijo Castle (picture from TripAdvisor)
















Neighborhood Gion, known as "Geisha District".

Geishas in Gion, the picture from TripAdvisor

No comments:

Post a Comment