Friday, September 13, 2013

Kyoto - what a wonderful town!

After the trip to Suntory, I went back to Kyoto train station, picked up my bag from the locker and headed for the hotel, where I had booked a room in Japanese style.

(I wished that I had done better research regarding the place to stay at here in Kyoto, this hotel was not particularly charming - despite very high rating on TripAdvisor) but however, nothing to do about it now as the room was pre-paid ...)

I asked the hotel to recommend a good restaurant nearby and so they booked a table there for me. Went for a walk before dinner to work up the appetite.


There are plenty of temples here, spread all around the town. Tomorrow I'll rent a bike and check out the best ones!


Cozy small lighted walkways and gardens everywhere.

Now I'm at the restaurant Manjiro and have ordered some kind of tasting meny from this menu, unclear what since the meny is in Japanese...



Apparently several dishes, but unclear how many and what kind of food. Will be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment